Well hello on you!
I´ve had a busy week and busier weekend – including sleepovers, karate and soccer – so unfortunately there hasn´t been much time for blogging. I do have a recipe for you though; food that´s good for your soul when fall comes:
Fish chowder, 4 servings (easy)
* Peel about 8-10 small, mixed onions (I´ve used red onion, yellow onion and shallot):
* Cut them all in four pieces and fry until they have a little color (onions are quite beautiful, don´t you think?):
* Add a can (about 400 gr) of peeled cherry tomatoes or ordinary tomatoes, 5 dl fish stock, 1 teaspoon thyme and salt and pepper after taste. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
* Add about 400-500 gr fish filet, cut in squares. I´ve used salmon myself since I´m fond of that taste, but cod and so on will do just as fine. Let simmer again for about 5 minutes.
* Add about 200 gr peeled shrimp – do not let boil after this!
* Add some cooking cream; 0.5-1 dl, just to make the flavours rounder and smoother.
* Heat up the soup – without letting in boil – and add 1 dl dill.
* Serve with some good bread:
This is a rustic and good meal – which my rascals love even though they can be picky about onions otherwise.
It´s also very easy to adjust; mix the fish, add some white wine/garlic/cayenne pepper and so on – you can´t go wrong so just try different combinations depending on who´s eating.
Enjoy – and have a great Monday!